Friday, March 26, 2010

Born to run!

I neeeeeeeed to go to bed, but, I figured I'd write a brief post.

The day is finally here! Tomorrow is the Fisherman's 5K. I am one nervous Nelly. I'm a little concerned about this race. I feel like it's a great way to "break into" running if I plan on doing more of these, because a) this race is only in its 2nd year and b) it's very small. But, the perks of being new and local also comes with major disorganization. It was my mom, who dug out what looked like a basic route for the race, but it was buried under pages of shit. And the date said 2009. I'm concerned.

I finally spoke to someone who told me all I had to do was show up at St. Peter's. I think I can handle that. I just wish it were a bit more organized. I want maps, dammit!

And, unfortunately, I'll have the weather playing against me tomorrow. 45 degrees; thankfully it'll be sunny. I've heard you ought to dress like it's ten degrees warmer out. My layers include: long pants, a tank, a tshirt,a long-sleeve shirt and two hoodies (both on the light side). Am I overdoing it? Meh. Probably yes. OH, and add a hat to that too.

After the race I'm seriously considering chopping my hair off. I need a clean slate in the worst of ways for many, many reasons. Short hair won't fix my issues, but there's nothing like the redemption of being able to start over.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back on Sunday, I'm sure, with plenty to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment