Monday, February 1, 2010

The beginning.

"I hope you never know how hard it is to wait."

The Solids are crooning on my iTunes. How very appropriate.

Well, I've trashed and swept out and re-started this blog a billion times over, and I think I've finally found a reason to stick to it: a 163-day to-do list.

Although I've been in a relationship for four months, I've never stood by the idea of the woman's role of a sad, clingy significant other. I've always enjoyed having my own life. And while Chris is away exploring Paris and attending grad school, I want to keep busy and keep going over here in Jersey.

(Now, it's not like there aren't things I want to accomplish while Chris is here, but I also reason that it'd be way more fun, and even challenging at times, to discover what's out there and see where my limits lie.

I'm getting together a "system." I think it would be interesting to try three goals a week, with some having more of a longterm durations than others. For example - I might try and give up swearing for a week, to do a good deed once a day, to lose a set amount of inches or pounds in a month. I'm not quite sure how to organize or approach this, but I figure things will come together somehow.

Chris just sent me his last text message in the States. I think it's appropriate that I hit "publish."

No comments:

Post a Comment