Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 3: Asian Chicken in the Crock + Teavana FAIL.

So, I rushed home from the gym because I had cooking on the mind. It's literally all I wanted to do when I got home. I had quite the adventure at the Shop-Rite of Montgomery today. There was who I'd like to refer to only as a Coupon Monger who was harassing the cashier...then I realized that this was actually the most inept cashier on record.

Forty minutes and 44 dollars later, I had everything I needed to try out an Asian chicken recipe. I filled the bottom of my Crockpot with green & yellow peppers, water chestnuts, an onion and a lotttt of garlic. (I love that it's totally acceptable to LOVE heaping amounts of garlic, btw. My stinky breath thanks my supportive friends :D). Chicken breasts went in on top, with some doctored "sweet teriyaki." I started with a few splashes of teriyaki as a base, then added honey and a little organic peanut butter to thicken it, then threw in ginger for good measure. I'm not so sure about it....I think I get overzealous.

But here's how it's lookin':



My second thing was to try and steep all this loose tea I inherited from Chris:


But that, once again, was an astounding fail. It's not strong enough. I placed the infuser into hot water, waited three minutes, then pushed down on the press. My tea smells glorious. And tastes like water. With some sort of fruity kick.

I feel kinda dumb. Am I supposed to push down, wait, then pull upward? This thing came with no instructions.

Well, I'm off to sip my flavored warm water and settle in.

No comments:

Post a Comment